CLIMBING | MOUNTAINEERING
When the summit is in sight and every ounce counts, shed weight by removing the pack’s suspension, rope and side compression straps and the helmet carry sling. You can also strip the pack’s top lid and rely on the integrated FlapJacket™ to protect your gear from the elements during the final push.
Other alpine-specific features include A-frame ski carry loops, dual ToolLocks™ with bungee tool tie-offs, front panel webbing loops for crampon attachment. Glove- friendly zipper pulls and buckles keep your hands protected while grabbing gear. The padded hipbelt features a unique reverse wrap system to facilitate wearing a climbing harness while maintaining load stability. It also has built-in gear loops if you are traveling on easy ground but need to keep a few pieces of gear handy to build a quick rappel anchor on the way back down to base camp.
The top-lid with integrated FlapJacket™ system*, framesheet and aluminum stay, helmet carry, rope attachment strap and side compression straps are all removable to optimize weight savings. *Mutant 38 only
Reverse Wrap Hipbelt
The unique hipbelt system allows the users to wrap the padded hipbelt out of the way of the climbing harness.
Key Climbing Features
Dual ToolLocks™ with bungee tie-offs for quick and easy access to your ice tools. Reinforced A-frame ski carry loops work in conjunction with compression/retention straps to provide stable ski carry.
- Removable Top Lid - A removable dual compartment keeps needed items organized and accessible and can be removed to shave off weight
- Integrated FlapJacket™ - Integrated FlapJacket™ closure system can deploy to provide main compartment protection when top lid is not in use
- Reverse-wrap Hipbelt - The padded, EVA foam padded hipbelt with integrated gear loops and attachment points features reverse-wrap hybrid technology designed specifically for use with climbing harness
- Removable aluminum stay and 1.2mm HDPE frame sheet
Reverse Spacer Mesh Airscape Backpanel
- Smooth breathable surface over ventilated ridged foam
Reverse Spacer Mesh Harness
- Smooth breathable surface die cut foam
- Webbing attachment points and reservoir hose routing
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
Padded EVA Hipbelt
- Reverse wrap hipbelt padding wings with gear loop and attachment points (38l)
- Minimal padded hipwings with gear loops (28l)
|S/M||2136 in3 / 35 l||29h x 12w x 11d in.||2.51 lbs.|
|M/L||2319 in3 / 38 l||30h x 12w x 11d in.||2.65 lbs.|
|S/M||2136 in3 / 35 l||73h x 31w x 28d cm||1.14 kg|
|M/L||2319 in3 / 38 l||76h x 31w x 29d cm||1.2 kg|
- 210D Nylon Dobby
- 210D Nylon Triple Ripstop
- 210D Nylon Triple Ripstop
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Load
- Good Suspension
- Highly Adjustable
- Lots of attachment options
- Day Hikes
- Extended Hikes
Comments about Osprey MUTANT 38:
I've had my Mutant 38 pack for several years now. Works great and has excellent quality (no failures yet). I use mine all year round. Lots of adjustment in the straps. I would definitely recommend this model for day hikes and other adventures. You could go overnight but you may want a bigger one at that point.
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Was this a gift?: