Colorado High School MTB League
The Colorado High School Cycling League was organized to provide a well defined race season for junior racers and to promote the formation of teams at public and private high schools. With the cooperation of local race promoters and our sponsors we are putting together a first class series of races designed for high school aged riders. The League is working to make high school racing the easiest way for juniors to get involved in the challenging and exciting world of competitive cycling.
We believe that mountain biking is the 'T-Ball' of the cycling world and in addition to succeeding at the international level of mountain biking, we've also seen many (NorCal) League athletes go on to succeed in road racing and collegiate cycling. Several League alumni athletes from our sister league in NorCal are now racing on professional teams at events like the Tour of California and the Sea Otter Classic.
In the first series, in 2000, mountain bikers from schools all over Northern California answered the call and came to compete as semi-organized high school teams. Now well over two dozen schools offer well organized mountain bike programs that operate much like other after school athletic programs. Now it is Colorado's time to begin the coast-to-coast movement.
This season five races and fall riding camps have been brought together for a fantastic year of mountain biking. The League wants to do everything we can to help new teams form at high schools all over. Go to our Coaches Page to view our current coaches manual, recent coaches newsletters, and access other resources. Parents can get their questions answered and access resources at our Parents Page. And please let us know what your questions are at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The League is committed to teaching safe riding practices. We believe forming high school teams is the best way for students to learn how to ride safely. To learn safe riding technique or learn how to teach these skills, join our next rider camp or coaches conference. For up to date news and info join our e-mail list, or send an e-mail directly to email@example.com and let us know how you'd like to get involved.
The Colorado High School Cycling League works to establish and maintain safe, quality high school mountain bike programs. The League is responsible for establishing a climate that will:
• Provide students who have the desire to mountain bike with the coaching and camaraderie that will help them achieve both competitive and non-competitive cross-country mountain biking goals in a safe and enjoyable manner;
• Develop an awareness of what it is to be an amateur athlete that is both gracious and respectful to their community;
• Create an environment in which they may discover new friendships and find role models;
• Guide students towards learning new skills and disciplines, and spread the foundations of mountain bike racing across the U.S.;
• Foster a responsible attitude toward the use of trails and wilderness;
• Promote the value of cycling to our community as a mode of transportation and as a life long sport.
© 2010 Colorado High School Cycling League