Osprey Packs is the leading manufacturer of backpacks and travel gear. Our headquarters is located in southwest Colorado nestled in the corner of the rugged San Juan Mountains and on the edge of vast sandstone canyon country. Our mission for the last 40 years has been to create innovative, high-performance gear that reflects our love of adventure and our devotion to the outdoors.
Thanks for looking into employment opportunities with Osprey Packs! This page will provide information related to positions for which we’re currently recruiting. If you’d like to be kept in the know as positions become available in the future, we’d be happy to add you to our Recruitment List. Simply send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Subscribe to Recruiting List” and we’ll be sure to include you when we send out future recruitment announcements.
Applying for employment with Osprey Packs
- Osprey Packs continuously accepts employment applications – please note that as of 12/1/2014, any cover letters/resumes not accompanying a completed Employment Application will not be retained for future consideration.
- The “To Apply” section of any job postings listed below will specify if additional materials are needed to complete an application packet.
- All applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail when their application materials have been processed.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide more personalized service to applicants and respectfully request that no phone-calls be made regarding the status of your application.
Current Job Opportunities
Dealer Service Representative – Cortez, CO
Job Status: Full-Time (40 hours; hourly)
Supervision Received: Position reports to Customer Service Manager
Provides industry-leading customer service and support to the sales rep force, Specialty Retailers, the end user of our product and Osprey Team Members. Ensures positive relationships with all customers to further strengthen our brand and company reputation. An Osprey Dealer Service Rep (DSR) is efficient and accurate in their work while thriving in a fast- paced, busy and reactive environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties as assigned:
- Responsible for Outdoor and Bike specialty retailer base in designated sales territories including the maintenance of the Customer Cards in our ERP system. This involves working with:
- Dealer Routing Guides
- Dealer Vendor Agreements
- Territory Analytics
- Locations for each dealer
- Assists the dealer service team in managing Orders and Preseason inboxes. Is responsible and timely in the management of their personal Osprey inbox
- Answers incoming calls from dealers and assists with their ordering and customer service needs including pack selection and fit.
- Manages New Account Opening process including:
- Working with Rep for proper documentation
- Seeking approval of opening the account
- Sending and receiving required opening paperwork from new dealer
- Creating the contacts in the ERP
- Setting up required fields on the Customer Card in our ERP system
- Responsible for managing the order book for their territories including
- Sending preseason order confirmations
- Revising preseason orders
- Processing ASAP orders
- Sending ASAP order confirmations
- Working closely with Finance regarding delinquent accounts
- Working with backorders
- Working with EDI accounts
- Creates and maintains quality relationships with the Finance, Returns and Operations teams in an effort to deliver quality service to our dealers. This includes working with:
- Product returns
- Dealer claims
- AMG assistance
- Order Terms discrepancies
- Preseason Processing
- Assists territory rep with submitting a completed order form
- Tracks the order as it’s electronically brought through the system
- Reviews each account’s order story for the upcoming season applying earned terms/discounts, GWP’s and additional processing needs.
- The dealer service team is responsible for receiving calls and delivering quality service on five incoming phone lines.
- Osprey General Line
- Customer Service
- Outdoor Dealer Service
- Bike Dealer Service
- Rep Direct Line
- Assists the end user of the Osprey product (phone, email, in person):
- Sizing and Fit
- Pack Selection
- How to pack your pack
- How to attach items to the pack
- Where to buy a pack
- Working with displeased customers in an effort to keep them as a loyal customer.
- Receives visitors that would like a product tour and assistance with their specific pack questions.
- The DSR is a product expert
- Knows current inline product for past and upcoming product
- Is knowledgeable of feature differences between versions of a pack
- Is able to identify three to five key features of a pack and it’s intended user
- Knows available resources to find the answer to a customer’s question
- Is confident presenting pack clinics in a group setting
Fields warranty related questions and refers to Returns Department as needed.
Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists with both the development of department standard operating procedures and uses defined procedures daily to complete quality, efficient and accurate work.
- Contributes to the process of documentation with:
- Updating as processes improve
- Assists with migrating Sales Department data including:
- Identifying what should be moved
- Which of the three categories is the best fit
- Is responsible for maintaining the data as assigned
- Is responsible for specific field and table identification in the current ERP as assigned by the Data Owner. As a steward the team member’s contribution is an integral piece of both department and companywide data maintenance.
The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements for this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible customer service experience is required; prior outdoor retail or sales experience preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of multi-line phone system. Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
Physical Ability—Level I (Office) The Team Member will be expected to: work in an office environment for extended hours of sitting performing PC and other desk-related functions; lift 20 pounds overhead without assistance; perform physical activities involving extended periods of lifting, walking, standing reaching, and bending over.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hiring range - $14.50 - $15.50/hr., depending on experience and qualifications. Participation in: group health plans, Paid Time-Off (PTO) program, 401k plan (after one year), all other benefits as described in current Team Member Manual.
Required Meetings and Time/Travel:
Participation in all general company meetings/functions, and others relating to special assignments, as required. May be required to work outside of normal work hours or attend offsite training/business functions. May participate in sales meetings and trade shows upon invitation. Participation in working Osprey’s semi-annual Locals’ Sale.
Desktop P.C., Cisco Phone System with headset; 2 screens
This is a full time position based at the Osprey Headquarters in Cortez, CO U.S.A.
To apply: Please submit a completed Employment Application with a cover letter that answers the supplemental questions below to: email@example.com with “Dealer Service Rep” in the subject line; or mail to Osprey Packs, Human Resources/DSR, 115 Progress Circle, Cortez, CO 81321.
- What are your top 3 strengths related to this position?
- How do you see this position helping you to achieve your career goals?
Application deadline: February 1st, 2016
Quality & Returns - Repair Specialist, Cortez, CO
Job Status: Full-Time (40 hours, non-exempt)
Supervision Received: Reports to Quality & Repair Manager (QRM)
Supervision Exercised: none
Job Summary: As directed by the QRM, assists the Lead Quality & Repair Specialist with the warranty repair process providing excellent service and quality levels for customers. Perform required production duties providing small runs of product as scheduled. Assist Quality Assurance (QA) in executing any required repairs on defective in-coming products and in performing inspections. Assist Product Development Department as requested.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct repair role as a priority to other realms of duties and responsibilities
* Execute the disassembly, cleaning, repair, and reassembly of items in a neat, timely, and professional manner
* Provide recommendations to QRM regarding repair vs. replacement
* Provide feedback to QRM on process streamline and efficiency
* Maintain 3-day, or better, repair turnaround time
* Communicate potential delays and scheduling problems to Returns Supervisor and Quality and Returns Director (QRD)
* Communicate any labor, material or machine needs to QRM
* Seasonally provide feedback to QRM for the preparation of spare parts order forms
* Occasionally manufacture small items such as totes, small zippered pouches, etc.
* Work in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Excel and Outlook to help track problems and fixes
* Maintain a clean and organized work station and working area
* Think outside the box to find solutions to ever-changing situations/problems
Machine Maintenance Responsibilities
* Work with QRM and rest of repair staff to determine routine machine maintenance schedule and hardware needs
* Conduct general machine maintenance on all department machines
Primary Contacts: Communicates regularly with QRM and other Quality and Returns Staff
Required Education and Experience: At least 3 years’ experience with sewing heavy materials, preferably working with backpacks. Sewing machine maintenance a plus. Basic aptitudes in math, reading, and writing. High knowledge of PC use, especially Excel and Outlook required. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college level coursework or degree preferred.
Physical Ability—Level II: The Team Member will be expected to: perform physical activities involving extended periods of lifting, walking, standing, reaching, and bending over; lift 40 pounds overhead without assistance; work in an office environment for extended hours of sitting, performing PC and other desk-related functions
Compensation and Benefits: Hiring range $16 - $18/hour depending on experience and qualifications. Participation in: group health plans, Paid Time Off (PTO) program, 401k plan (after one year), all other benefits as described in current Team Member Manual.
Technology: Standard work station (desktop PC; phone) - shared
Required Meetings and Time/Travel: Participation in all general company meetings/functions, and others relating to special assignments, as required. May be required to work outside of normal work hours or attend offsite training/business functions.
To apply: Please submit an employment application with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Repair Specialist” as the subject line) or mail to Osprey Packs, Human Resources/Office Coordinator, 115 Progress Circle, Cortez, CO 81321.
Applicants are invited to submit samples of previous repair work. Attaching photographic images or link to online portfolio preferred. Actual sample pieces that are mailed will be returned once the hiring process is complete. During the interview, candidates will be asked to provide samples to demonstrate skills.
Please also answer the following supplemental questions:
* How would you remove a ping pong ball from a pipe that is cemented into the ground? The pipe is the same diameter as the ball. The pipe is a sealed on the bottom end and is at least 18 inches deep.
* What was the last thing you sewed?
* What attracts you to this job and company and what do you hope to get out of this job?
* Who are the owners of Osprey Packs, when did they move overseas, and where did they move to?
Application deadline: Position is open until filled