Steph Davis

Osprey Sponsored Athlete, climber,
base jumper and wingsuit flyer
the village of Chulilla perched above the canyon @backcountry @evolvusa
Me encanta espana ❀ @ospreypacks @mammutna @kavu
just like vegas...only not
I struggled with the idea of coming to Saudi Arabia for all the obvious reasons, and as always places seem very different when you actually visit. I spent the day yesterday at KAUST, the university of science and technology created from an endowment by the late King Abdullah. The endowment was so large that now the university is financially self sufficient. This is the first coed university in the country and is attended by students from over 100 countries, with a majority from KSA, and families living here as well. The fastest supercomputer in the Middle East is here, and no religious police. At this picnic in KAUST I saw women in everything from burkhas and head scarfs to shorts and tank tops, and lots of kids jumping in bouncy castles. Change happens slowly but starts with education, is the idea. Seems like a long road ahead, but education is always an important step.
I wasn't sure what to expect on my first day here in Saudi Arabia, but I definitely didn't expect to go snorkeling over a coral reef in the Red Sea 🐠🐟🐑and get chased by baby dolphins so they could surf our wake 🐬@kavu
What a fun 2 days at the Outdoor Retailer in salt lake! I'm so thankful for the amazing friends, companies and brands I get to work with. Off now for some wild travel: Utah, I miss you already πŸ›« @evolvusa @backcountry @mammutna @kavu @zukespets @delormegps @ospreypacks @msr_gear @cwhemp
snowy Sunday night at the woody ❄️ πŸ“·@muttstagram @evolvusa @cwhemp @mammutna
lovely stormy day skate skiing in the Lasals: it's like being in an Ansel Adams photo ❄️ @zukespets @mammutna @ospreypacks
moab winter at its finest! β„οΈπŸ’™ πŸ“Ή@ianmitchard @cw_hemp @msr_gear @evolv @backcountry
even one inch of snow over sandstone slabs can make it impossible to go up the easiest approach around here. jay leno has one of the greatest views in moab at the top of the talus hill, no stopper slab sections on the hike AND a super scenic canopy flight around rock towers, so it's my favorite winter jump β„οΈπŸŒž plus we get to be all impressed with Cajun bc it's an hour+ hike, mostly up talus, and she runs back down in 8 minutes πŸš€ #superdog πŸ“·@ianmitchard @mammutna @delormegps @zukespets
so thankful to the volunteer groomers who make it possible for us to skate ski in the Lasals, and thankful as ever to Moab for being normal so Cajun gets to have the time of her life racing in snow!! @zukespets @mammutna @backcountry @msr_gear @ospreypacks
this is a shout out to @cw_hemp: a great company started to help a little girl suffering from increasing and debilitating seizures that got worse with standard medical treatment. In fact CW is named for her: "Charlotte's Web". CBD has helped Charlotte and many others live a normal healthy life, and it also helps my little fur child Cajun with her cattle dog/rez rescue dog/higher-than-average anxiety and with health and joint mobility because she charges nonstop. I use it too! Thanks CW, we πŸ’š you!
another year in this magic land, so many blessings πŸ™ŒπŸ» @cw_hemp @backcountry @msr_gear
Happy new year! 🎊 πŸŽ‰πŸ•ΊπŸ»
brutal approach, but the climbing is worth it πŸ˜† @mammutna @evolvusa @ospreypacks
I got a new KN and it is super sexy! That is all. πŸ˜‡ #yes πŸ“·@ianmitchard
we spent the morning splitting and stacking wood followed by a quick 4x4 sess on my wall, realized it was 1:30 and quickly ran out for a BASE jump, realized it was 3:00 and quickly ran up the first 2 pitches of the left tombstone, realized it was 5:00 and it gets cold FAST when the sun goes away, time to rap! winter: no rest for the wicked 😈 @ospreypacks @mammutna @backcountry
today's climb-jump adventure at Merrimack Buttress was a little more adventurous than we expected, because there was a lot of snow and ice in the narrow wash driving out to the buttes πŸ˜… couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, with lots of sun on the route, some snow on the summit and that special lifty winter air on the way down πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ“·@ianmitchard @mammutna @evolvusa @backcountry @zukespets
life is like climbing--1% is about being on the summit and the other 99% is what it's really all about. we give so much time traveling, riding up in planes, messing with gear & packing parachutes for our few magical minutes flying through the sky...and it's the time doing all that stuff with friends that makes the 99% just as magical and maybe even more. πŸ“·@ianmitchard @mammutna @evolvusa
this is what we do when a stranger asks if he can fly with us πŸ˜† #notcreepyatall #hello πŸ“·@ianmitchard @ospreypacks @evolvusa