Open up this top loader and toss in everything you need a day of freedom in the hills. The Airspeed™ Suspension and spacer mesh harness and hipbelt will keep your load stable and comfortable no matter where you roam.
Organizational features include a fixed twin-zippered top pocket and two side pockets with InsideOut™ mesh compression to bolster stability and provide easy access storage. And there are also two zippered pockets on the hipbelt, perfectly sized to keep your phone and trail snacks close at hand.
Additional features include a removable sleeping pad straps for varied external attachment options, an ice axe attachment loop for high alpine excursions.
The tensioned back panel is made of lightweight mesh to suspend the load off of your back for maximum comfort and ventilation.
An integrated and removable raincover protects your gear from foul weather. It stows away in its own external pocket at the bottom of the pack
- Upper Side Compression Straps - Dual upper side compression/carry straps provide load stabilization and additional external carry options
- Stow-on-the-Go™ Trekking Pole Attachment - Osprey’s unique Stow-on-the-Go™ system allows users to tuck away trekking poles quickly without having to remove their packs
- Mesh Side Pockets with InsideOut™ Compression - Dual side stretch mesh pockets with InsideOut™ compression allow for extra tension and more secure loads in the side pockets
- Zippered Hipbelt Pockets - Dual zippered hipbelt pockets provide secure storage for often needed items
- Tool Attachment - A single tool attachment loop with stowable bungie tie-off keeps external tools secure
- Sleeping Pad Straps - Adjustable and removable sleeping pad straps provide secure extra carry
- Top Load Access - Top load access through a drawstring closure to main compartment
- Fixed Top Lid - Fixed top lid with twin zippered pockets provide extra organization
Airspeed™ Suspension Backpanel
- LightWire™ alloy frame creates low profile air space optimizing pack balance and ventilation
- 3D tensioned breathable mesh backpanel ensures supportive fit
Spacer Mesh Harness
- Sewn-in spacer mesh
- Webbing adjustable sternum strap with whistle buckle
- Mesh covered ventilated die cut foam
Spacer Mesh Sewn-in Hipbelt
- Zippered stretch mesh hipbelt pockets
- ErgoPull™ hipbelt closure
|S/M||1465 in3 / 24 l||23h x 12w x 11d in.||2.45 lbs.|
|M/L||1587 in3 / 26 l||25h x 12w x 11d in.||2.56 lbs.|
|S/M||1465 in3 / 24 l||59h x 30w x 27d cm||1.11 kg|
|M/L||1587 in3 / 26 l||64h x 30w x 27d cm||1.16 kg|
- 210D Nylon Dobby
- 420D Nylon Shadow Box
- 210D Nylon Dobby
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Load
- Good Suspension
- Highly Adjustable
- Large Capacity
- Day Hikes
- Extended Hikes
- Heavy Loads
- Wet Weather
Comments about Osprey STRATOS 26:
I've had this pack for 6 years and it is still is superb condition with only a couple of knicks/scuffs. It's been my day in/day out pack for hikes, climbing, travel and everything in between for over half a decade and is nowhere near it's half life.
The two external pockets on the top flap are generously sized and well protected, and the water bottle sleeves are nice and tall with good stretch. These areas of the pack can also be compressed down, or you can readjust the strap to hold down a skinnier water bottle that might be prone to falling out.
The main compartment is quite large and accessible (I have the top loader, not the panel loader) and there is more than one place to put a hydration pack. It can go inside the main compartment or it can be suspended in the arched area outside of the pack to make more room inside. It's easy to throw a rain shell or fleece over the top cinch and then strap down the top flap to keep everything in place.
Compression straps on this pack are perfect and allow it to keep a very low profile when minimally loaded.
There aren't a ton of features on this model but what is there is very functional. The loop and closure system for an axe is easy to use, as is the retention system for trekking poles. The pockets on the waist belt are handy for smaller tools or quick use items, as is the same with the pocket on the right shoulder strap.
The integrated rain cover is so well placed you may very well forget it's there. Absolutely zero worries of moisture with the cover properly deployed. Even without the cover this model stands up to a pretty solid amount of weather.
I have ZERO complaints about this backpack and have never found myself wishing for a feature that wasn't there. I'll be using my Stratos 26 for another six years, and then another....
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Was this a gift?: