“The Pacific Crest Trail spans 2,650 miles (4,265 kilometers) from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon, and Washington. It reveals the beauty of the desert, unfolds the glaciated expanses of the Sierra Nevada, travels deep forests, and provides commanding vistas of volcanic peaks in the Cascade Range. The trail symbolizes everything there is to love—and protect—in the Western United States.
Untold thousands of hikers and equestrians enjoy this international treasure each year. Some only travel a few miles, while others complete every mile in a single season. Tying the trail together is a community of volunteers and passionate outdoor enthusiasts. Together, we explore, create and support one of the best experiences on earth.” -via the Pacific Crest Trail Association
Don’t miss the 9th annual Pacific Crest Trail Days (an event produced by Outdoor Viewfinder), where you can check out the latest outdoor recreation gear from exhibiting sponsors, participate in free classes & activities, win awesome products at the raffles, enjoy local food and beverages, participate in a trail work party, go for a hike or a bike ride, spend the weekend camping under the stars, and enjoy the beautiful setting in the Marine Park of Cascade Locks, Oregon. PCT DAYS is family-friendly and free to attend, with a small fee for overnight camping on Thunder Island. All raffle proceeds are donated to the Pacific Crest Trail Association and the American Long Distance Hiking Association-West. Don’t miss out on being a part of a great time for a great cause!
August 28-30th Osprey Packs is returning to the greatest celebration of trail life on the west coast — better known as Pacific Crest Trail Days!
PCT DAYS is an annual three-day event that promotes outdoor recreation and the products of exhibiting sponsors, with a focus on hiking, camping, and backpacking gear. PCT DAYS takes place in the Marine Park of Cascade Locks, Oregon, located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge. There are several reasons why PCT Days is one not to miss. It is not only the breathtaking views from Thunder Island of the Columbia River Gorge or the easy access to trails including the PCT itself but also the strength of community is ever so present as PCT days provides a place of recollection for those touched by the trail. Hundreds of PCT “alumni” travel from the near city of Portland, OR and others from across the nation, head to this event for a weekend to reunite connect with those currently hiking and those who had hiked the trail in past years. In essence, it is one giant “class” reunion that celebrates PCT Thru hikers and the trail itself. As a backpacking company, Osprey wouldn’t want to miss this party as we look forward to hearing the stories of those who depended on our gear and share our love for the outdoors and the trail.
For a full list of events, check out the complete schedule.
If you’re coming to PCT Days, here are just a few reasons to come visit us at the Osprey Packs booth:
- The Osprey Anti-Gravity Challenge: Visit the Osprey Booth at any time on Saturday, August 29th. Try on our new Atmos Anti-Gravity or Women’s Aura Anti-Gravity and you will be automatically entered to win one to call your own!
- PCT Days Celebration Sale with Next Adventure: 20% off any Osprey Pack in stock at Next Adventure, Portland through September 13th, don’t delay on this deal!
- Free Pack Sizing, Fittings and Expert Advice: All Day, every day! We will be offering professional pack fitting and advice from the Osprey experts, so if you are in the market for a new pack come consult with our knowledgeable fit gurus!
- Full Display of all that is new from Osprey for 2015: Get the full download of our latest and greatest for 2015! This includes newly designed luggage, hydration packs, and our new line of accessories. We will be showcasing our Atmos/Aura Anti-Gravity and have a team with all the answers to your questions on our product!
- Giveaways Galore: This includes commemorative PCT Days Stickers, Osprey Packs stickers, Lip Balms and more!
Connect with PCT Days on Social to get live updates and photos: