The GoPro Mountain Games are the country’s largest celebration of adventure sports, music and the mountain lifestyle and they return to Vail, June 5-8, 2014. Over 3,000 professional and amateur athletes annually converge on the mountains and rivers of Vail to compete in 25 sports for over $110,000 in prize money. Spectating at the event is free and over 53,000 spectators annually attend for four days of athletes, art, music and mountains. A festival atmosphere engulfs Vail comprised of four expo and demo areas, nightly free concerts, an outdoor photography competition and an Outdoor Film Festival.No matter how you get to Vail for the Summer Mountain Games, we assure you there are plenty of adventures on the way. Bring your toys, take some extra time and enjoy some of the best country in the United States. Perhaps you will end up like some of us and never leave.
We’re starting summer off right in Vail, CO, the weekend of June 5-8 2014 at the GoPro 2014 Mountain Games! Summer 2014 sporting events include steep, freestyle, sprint and full contact kayaking, rafting, mountain, road, and slopestyle biking, World Cup Bouldering, amateur climbing, fly fishing, stand up paddling, slackline and trail, mud and long distance running.
Here are some highlights from this year’s games:
The Games: Whether your sport of choice is kayaking, slackline, running, bouldering, XC MTB, or SUP, make sure to register here to compete among the best.
The Music: The schedule of free concerts this year looks phenomenal — we’re excited to catch some great tunes after long days of playing hard. Check out this great lineup:
The Next Generation: Looking for family-friendly Mountain Games for the littler ones? Adventure Village is fun for the entire family! Kids can learn to kayak “sit-on-top” style in giant kayak tanks, climb on a portable climbing wall, try slack-lining or just enjoy all the Summer Mountain Games action taking place in Golden Peak including the Eukanuba DockDogs competitions, Slopestyle biking and much more. The best part? All activities in the Adventure Village are FREE.
And here’s what we’ll be up to at the GoPro Mountain Games — we hope you’ll swing by the Osprey Packs booth for high fives & #OspreyLove!
Osprey Packs Happenings at the GoPro Mountain Games
- Gerber Gear Town — Gerber Gear Town is the GoPro Mountain Games equivalent to a farmers market with one big exception, instead of fresh produce there will be a fresh selection of gear,SWAG, food, beer gardens and the largest collection of outdoor brands to ever take Vail Village by storm. As you make your way down Meadow Drive to the International Bridge/ Vail Whitewater Park you will have the opportunity to demo gear, sample product, and get your shop on everyday during the Mountain Games.
- 20% off Packs at Osprey Booth — Once again, we will be offering one heck of a deal as we will be carrying a select amount of hydration, urban, and snow packs to Vail with us. Help lighten our load on our return home by stopping by the booth to see what packs we have in stock as we will be offering 20% off all packs in celebration of the games!
- 20% off at Ptarmigan Sports — If you can’t find what you are looking for at our booth, visit Osprey retailer Ptarmigian Sports (located right behind our booth) for a broader selection of our larger backpacks at the same 20% off! Ptarmigan is located at 137 Main Street, Edwards, Colorado! They will be offering 20% until June 13th!
- #MtnGamesSearch — Want to win great gear from companies such as Native Eyewear, Subaru, Ruffwear, Goal Zero and yours truly, Osprey Packs? Then join in and participate in our #MtnGamesSearch Scavenger Hunt! Visit all the Native, Subaru, Ruffwear, Goal Zero and Osprey booths and snap a photo of each booth’s “scavenger item.” The person with the most creative (and entertaining) photos will win over $500 in outdoor gear for the summer! Be sure mention which participating company’s booth you’re at and include the #MtnGameSearch hashtag for each scavenger item and post a photo to either Instagram or Twitter to enter!
- Professional Pack Fitting — Visit with our friendly Osprey staff as they are the Pack Fit Gurus of Colorado! If you are looking for the perfect fit for you and have yet to visit an Osprey Retailer, then stop by our booth with all of your Pack questions and we will point you to the one right for you!
- Speak Your Mind, Enter-to-Win a Pack — If you have 5 minutes to spare and take our survey, you will be entered to win an Osprey pack! We choose winners daily and love the feedback so stop by while you surf Gear Town!
- Talon, our very own Mascot- Look for Talon as he will be cruising around each day, cheering on the events and available for selfies and to spread the #OspreyLove. You can’t miss him because he’s a giant bird but here is a photo of Talon so you know who you’re looking for…and don’t forget: BIRD IS THE WORD!
Check out the complete schedule of events here.
What? You’re not able to attend this year’s games? We’ll miss you, but you don’t have to miss out — the 2014 GoPro Mountain Games are going to be blowing up on TV! Get excited for two unique shows to be aired on NBC Sports after the event and the 2014 TV and webcast schedules are available here.