Each year, thousands of hikers make the 2,180 mile trek along the Appalachian Trail from Springer Mountain to Katahdin. Each of those hikers crosses the Nantahala River along the NOC Founder’s Bridge, in Bryson City, NC. Most of these hikers cross on their way north in early April, just before beginning the difficult ascent into Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Many more hikers enjoy the Appalachian Trail in segments, hiking one section at a time over the course of many years, or maybe just sticking to their favorite sections of trail.
NOC’s Founder’s Bridge Festival is a celebration of these adventurers past and present, and of the trail that hosts them in the wilderness. It seeks to give hikers a chance to gather, rest and enjoy one another’s company, whether they are hiking 2,000 miles, or just out for an afternoon stroll.
NOC Founder’s Bridge Festival Happenings
- Grab your popcorn and a good seat – Friday 4/4 we’re presenting Thru-Hiker Movie Night and will be screening The Muir Project’s award winning documentary, “Mile, Mile and a Half” among other great films.
- Let’s grub! – On Saturday 4/5 we’re proud to present the Hiker’s Feast banquet at Big Wesser BBQ + Brew, followed by a bonfire and live music. All thru hiking attendees of the feast get a complimentary Osprey 40th Anniversary patches!
- Free pack repairs – Thru-hikers can get help with pesky gear-related issues and take care of important repairs and maintenance before embarking on the difficult section of trail leading into Smoky Mountain National Park. Bring any brand of packs that needs a little TLC before heading back on the trail.
- Win sweet gear – We’ll have Osprey Packs giveaways throughout the event — stop by our booth for your chance to win!
- A sweet deal – 20% off retail Osprey Sale through the Nantahala Outdoor Center in celebration of Founder’s Bridge Days!
- Product galore – We’ll have a great selection of all our new product for 2014 for you to check out and try on.
Visit noc.com/trailfest for complete info — we hope to see you there! Happy hiking everyone!