Spring is in the air and that can only mean one thing: Red Rock Rendezvous is here!
Whether you are on road tripping through the Southwest for spring break or taking a break from the lights of Las Vegas for the weekend, there is something for everyone to participate in.
Who’s going to be there, you might ask? Well certainly, top outdoor brands, climbers, athletes, and anyone and everyone who has an interest in climbing, biking and trail running. This will be Osprey’s 4th consecutive year attending Red Rock and there are plenty of reasons why we keep coming back for more. Osprey’s booth will be packing some heat this year with incredible demos, prizes and smokin’ deals, not to mention clinics put on by some of the best athletes in the industry! Let me fill you in on the rest:
- 20% off packs in celebration of Red Rock Rendezvous- This is the best deal you will get on our selection as we bring a variety of our hydration, climbing, and running packs discounted at 20% off just this weekend, so get one while the gettin’ is good!
- Not sure what pack you want? No problem! We’ve got your back and will have our demo fleet of bike, climbing, and running packs available all weekend! Stop by the booth and talk with our team of expert pack fitters and outdoor enthusiasts who can help you make the best selection for your needs. You can even purchase the pack at our booth and take it out to the trails or crag that very day!
- Clinics with the experts- Yeah, the good times don’t stop rolling, and you can improve your skills (or learns some new ones) because clinics from some of the best athletes in the world will be offered this weekend. Whether you want to learn how to climb multi-pitch routes, mountain bike diverse terrain, or want to get certified in wilderness medicine, Red Rock Rendezvous is your one-stop shop (in the form of an incredibly fun event) where all of those opportunities are available…and then some! Check out a full list of clinics here.
- We’re thrilled that our very own Krista Park, pro mountain biker racer, will be leading a variety of clinics for all skill sets. Here is Krista’s perspective on coaching clinics:
“My goal is to make myself available to anyone, at any level, to share tips, skills, encouragement, resources, or anything that will allow racers, riders, or potential riders to fall in love with the sport of cycling as I have.”
- On the climbing front we will have Majka Burhard, long-time Osprey Packs athlete, film-maker, and climbing enthusiast who has attended Red Rocks for the past few years. Majka’s enthusiasm is contagious, which makes her a damn good climbing coach and fun to be around.
- The debut of our new climbing packs! Our vertical series has received a facelift this year and we are ready to show the world! Come by the booth to check out the revamped Variant and Mutant series, scheduled to hit stores this August. Want to take it out to the wall? No , we’ll be demoing these beauts all weekend.
- #RedRockInsty Instagram Contest- Osprey has teamed up with some of the industry’s best, including Smartwool, Outdoor Research, Petzl, Scarpa, The Access Fund, Joshua Tree Skincare, and not to be forgotten, the oh-so delicious New Belgium Brewing, to get compile a great prize package for one lucky Red Rock attendee! This grand prize retails at over $500 and will be the culmination of a scavenger hunt of a lifetime! To get started, pick up a hand flyer at The Access Fund and try to hunt down each sponsor’s content, whether it be an athlete, beer, or a dog. Tag your photos with #RedRockInsty! Any questions? Just stop by The Access Fund booth for complete details before you start snappin’ those photos. One last detail – we’ll be giving away our revamped Mutant 28 pack, hitting stores this August!
- 40th Anniversary Trivia- Want to win a pack? We got something going on for those willing to test their Osprey knowledge. We are celebrating our 40th Anniversary this year and want to share the fun with you! Come by the Osprey booth, brush up on your Osprey knowledge and the person with the most correct answers will win an Osprey Pack! We’ll be picking a winner daily!
Other Red Rock Rendezvous activities include incredible family dinner on Saturday with beer provided by New Belgium, Pancake breakfasts in the morning, dyno competitions, FREE YOGA and nightly speeches by renowned athletes who’ll be hanging out and sharing stories about their many accomplishments from the past year. See the full list of events here.
We are stoked to be among such great company in a breathtaking location, so we hope to see you there too!
While Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area is located a mere 30 minutes west of the Las Vegas strip, uur friends at Mountain Gear said it well:
“…as you enter the solitude of the Canyon’s 200,000 acres, the noise and lights of the Strip fall away and the spectacular desert landscapes overtake you.”
Official Event Hashtags (for those of you tracking all the fun on social media):
#climbrrr #climbredrocks #climb #climbing #redrockrendezvous #climbingfest
Last but not least: #RedRockInsty to enter to win the Grand Prize!