OSPREY'S LIFETIME WARRANTYimage1
Osprey will repair any damage or defect for any reason free of charge – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If we are unable to perform a functional repair on your pack, we will happily replace it. We proudly stand behind this guarantee, so much so that it bears the signature of company founder and head designer, Mike Pfotenhauer.
*If you live outside the United States, please visit the International Customer Service page to locate the overseas Osprey Distributor closest to you.
My pack needs to be repaired. What do I need to do?If you need a repair done on your Osprey pack, you will first need to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA#). To do so, click here. Our staff will process your request and respond to you via email as quickly as possible (please allow up to a few days to receive a response). We will provide shipping instructions along with your RMA Number. PLEASE, do not send your pack in without an RMA number. Repairs made in our facility always restore the product to a functional state, while we always strive to repair product to factory quality, occasionally circumstances do not allow for this, for example we always try to match fabric and zipper colors but due to wear and and age an exact match is not always possible.
I have a broken part that I can replace on my own and just need a replacement (like a buckle) for my pack. What do I need to do?
Please fill out and submit our online parts request form. To do so, click here. Please be as descriptive as possible and fill out all fields completely. We encourage you to upload a picture of the broken part (not an image off the internet) to help us identify exactly what you need.
I have a problem with my reservoir (not a broken part that can be replaced). What do I need to do?Reservoirs do not fall under the All Mighty Guarantee, they are covered under a limited 1-year warranty (from the purchase date) that covers manufacturing and material defects only. Damage caused by accident, animal attacks, zombie apocalypses, or outside of the 1-year period are not covered. If your reservoir falls under our warranty guidelines please fill out the online Reservoir Warranty Claim form. To do so, click here. We will evaluate your claim and respond to you via email as quickly as possible.
How long will it take?
Please allow us a few days to respond to your online requests, we respond to those emails in the order they arrived. We appreciate your patience! Turnaround times vary throughout the year, we ask that you plan ahead and allow for plenty of time to send your pack in for repair or to receive a replacement part. If you have a specific date that you need your pack back please let us know when filling out your form online, we will do our best to meet your deadline. We do have expedited shipping and repair options, please see below for details.
Who pays for shipping cost?
You are only responsible for the charges of shipping the pack to Osprey. Use a method of shipping that provides a tracking number. Osprey cannot be responsible for packages that have not been received by our shipping department. We pay shipping to return your pack via UPS or FedEx. Need to expedite shipping? If you ship your pack to us via an expedited shipping method (i.e. 3-day shipping or faster via UPS or FedEx) it will receive priority processing here and will be returned to you via a similar expedited service. Please call us at 1-866-314-3130 to notify us that you are using an expedited shipping method.
What if my pack is really dirty?
When we receive a pack that is too dirty or odiferous to repair, we are restricted by law from repairing it. If your pack is not clean, we will return it to you, unrepaired. Click here to learn how to easily clean your pack at home.
Osprey highly recommends Nikwax products for all your pack care needs. www.nikwax.com
Do I have to register my pack to take advantage of this incredible guarantee? Do I need to be the original owner of my Osprey pack?
No – the All Mighty Guarantee is truly ALL MIGHTY. If you own an Osprey pack that needs to be repaired we will repair or replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: If your product is not repairable and is replaced, the original product will not be returned to you. We will make every effort to repair your pack. In the event that we are unable to make a functional repair to your pack, we will replace it. For products that are no longer in production you will be contacted by our Warranty and Returns Customer Service Team to discuss replacement options.
Okay – so what’s NOT covered?
- Program Packs: Our program packs or any Osprey pack used by outdoor programs are ONLY covered under the Program Pack Warranty, NOT AMG. Please contact our Program Pack department for details.
- Size/Fit: We provide a variety of resources and tools for our customers to be sure that the Osprey they purchase really fits. Remember - packs fit as personally as the shoes on your feet. Take this endeavor seriously – a correctly fit Osprey will work on a wide variety of body types. Visit our Sizing and Fitting page for more information and visit an Osprey dealer near you for personal service.
- Preferences: Bad color? Wrong style? Not enough or too much room in your pack? Unfortunately we can’t cover personal preference under our guarantee.
- Third Party Repairs or Replacements: You must send your pack to Osprey to take advantage of the All Mighty Guarantee. We do not cover costs incurred via third party repairs or replacements.
- Cosmetic Wear and Tear: Any reasonable aging of your pack that affects only the appearance and not the function of your pack. Be proud of those scars! Example: Issues such as internal coating delamination, logo peeling, etc.
- B.A.M.G. (Before All Mighty Guarantee) Repair Work: Sorry – the All Mighty Guarantee applies only to repairs requested on or after January 1, 2009 (any repair costs incurred for a non-warranty repair prior to Jan 1 2009 will not be reimbursed)
- Hydraulics Reservoir: The Hydraulics™ reservoir is covered by a limited 1-year warranty against manufacturing and material defect only. The pouring and storing of warm-hot or boiling water or liquids into your reservoir WILL VOID your warranty. Reservoirs are NOT designed to contain or handle liquids at temperature.
- Lost/Stolen Packs: Lost or stolen packs or pack components are not covered by our All Mighty Guarantee.
Still have questions about the All Mighty Guarantee, getting a pack repaired, or ordering a part? Feel free to give our Quality and Returns Department a call at-1-866-314-3130 or you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.