TRAVEL | TREKKING
Go ahead and fill it up. The LightWire™ frame suspension transfers the load from harness to hipbelt. A mesh backpanel improves ventilation and the mesh on the harness and hipbelt reduces chafing under load. The entire suspension stows away under a zippered panel creating a sleek silhouette for transport.
Unzip the lockable sliders to access the main compartment. Inside there’s a mesh pocket for small items. A compartment with floating divider allows separate storage options and dual compression straps keep cargo from shifting during transit.
Outside the pack, you’ll find a zippered front panel slash pocket to keep you organized and sewn attachment points to add extra gear. No matter how much you choose to carry, StraightJacket™ compression straps stabilize the load.
There are also loops to anchor an optional Osprey Daylite daypack if you would like the convenience of a small satellite pack for short forays.
Stowaway Harness and Hipbelt
A fixed, unisex backpanel, hipbelt and harness system can easily be stowed and zipped away creating a better slimmer profile making a better bag for checking or throwing on a bus, train or ship.
- Lower Zippered Compartment - Large lower zippered compartment with a floating divider is the perfect place to pack items like shoes to keep separated from the main compartment. The floating divider can be removed to make the pack one main pack body
- StraightJacket™ Compression System - Osprey’s StraightJacket™ compression system secures loads and adds stability to the pack. It utilizes the external compression straps and padded side walls to wrap internal contents of pack
- Top Zippered Pocket - A top zippered pocket works well for items that need to be accessible. The pocket also works well for liquids and toiletries
- Front Panel Slash Pocket - A zippered front panel slash pocket keeps you organized
- Daylite Attachment Loops - Daylite attachment loops can be used to add an optional day pack
Lightwire™ Frame Suspension
- 3.5mm lightWire™ peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hip belt
- Atilon framesheet spreads load across the entire backpanel to the peripheral frame
Stowaway Reverse Spacer Mesh Backpanel, Harness, and Hipbelt
- Smooth mesh covered atilon foam provides a comfortable, breathable contact surface with a load supporting core
- Adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle
|S/M||4637 in3 / 76 l||27h x 15w x 16d in.||3.73 lbs.|
|M/L||4882 in3 / 80 l||29h x 15w x 16d in.||3.88 lbs.|
|S/M||4637 in3 / 76 l||69h x 38w x 40d cm||1.69 kg|
|M/L||4882 in3 / 80 l||74h x 38w x 40d cm||1.76 kg|
- 210D Nylon Mini Hex Diamond Ripstop
- 600D Packcloth
- 600D Packcloth
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Load
- Good Suspension
- Highly Adjustable
- Large Capacity
- No Wheels
Comments about Osprey FARPOINT 80:
I tried this and found it comfortable and well designed. It could be perfect if you would come up with a Lightweight, Compactable, Strong, Removable wheel assembly that can be used on cobblestone streets and dirt roads. Maybe 4 or 5 inch wheels. This would become my main luggage for frequent air trips. I'd get a roll aboard size for most trips but I'd also get a large one for my diving, climbing, fishing equipment.
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Was this a gift?: