BACKCOUNTRY SKIING | BACKCOUNTRY RIDING
LightWire™ frame suspension, a padded hipbelt, and a thermoformed contoured back panel keep the pack comfortable when you’re skinning up and stable during the descent.
Access the pack via a zippered top panel. The zippered front panel provides rapid access to your shovel and probe, which are stowed in separate sleeves. And, if you shed a layer during the day, unzip the separate dry compartment for an extra 10 liters of storage space.
Additional features include a stowable helmet carry sling, ice tool loop and a scratch-free goggle pocket. All zippers and buckles are designed for gloved operation and the insulated hydration hose won’t freeze up, even when you’re out for dawn patrol on a frosty morning.
ABS® AIRBAG SYSTEM*
In the event of an avalanche, deploy the ABS® system and two 85 liter side mounted, independently chambered twin bags facilitate a horizontal position for maximum float and rescue visibility.
The pyrotechnic-pneumatic pull handle and nitrogen gas canister ensure rapid airbag deployment in extreme conditions and situations. The ABS® system is TUV certified with proven independent statistics since 1991.
*Purchased separately at ABS® authorized dealers
- ABS® Compatible - A removable zip-off pack body that is compatible with the ABS® Vario Base Unit providing optimal safety and peace of mind in the backcountry (sold separately)
- Front Panel Access - An extra-large front panel pocket provides quick, conveniently j-zippered access to an avalanche safety kit compartment with shovel and probe sleeves
- Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Insulated Hydration - An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Diagonal Ski Carry - Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure diagonal ski carry
- Vertical Snowboard Carry - Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- Ice Tool Attachment - A single ice tool loop provides secure, easily accessible ice tool carry
- Goggle Pocket - An internal compartment lined with a heat embossed, scratch-free material delivers secure and protected goggle carry
- Helmet Carry - A stowable helmet carry system extends for secure carry of helmet while not in use
- Panel Access - Panel access to main compartment with zippered 10 liters expansion of the dry compartment
Lightwire Frame/HDPE Suspension
- LightWire™ frame and 1.2mm HDPE framesheet (42l)
- 1.2mm HDPE framesheet only (22+10l)
Thermoformed Contoured Backpanel
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
Contoured EVA Harness
- Webbing attachment points and insulated hydration hose sleeve
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
Fixed EVA Hipbelt
- Single 25mm webbing ergoPull™ closure with padded hipwings
- Zippered fabric hipbelt pockets
|S/M||1770 in3 / 29 l||21h x 12w x 10d in.||3.2 lbs.|
|M/L||1953 in3 / 32 l||21h x 13w x 11d in.||3.28 lbs.|
|S/M||1770 in3 / 29 l||53h x 30w x 26d cm||1.45 kg|
|M/L||1953 in3 / 32 l||54h x 32w x 27d cm||1.49 kg|
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop
- 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop