SKI MOUNTAINEERING | SNOWBOARD MOUNTAINEERING
If you are traveling in avalanche terrain, zip in the ABS® Vario airbag system. Or leave the ABS® system behind if you feel absolutely confident about the stability of the snowpack. With or without the airbag system, this pack is made for the serious backcountry skier.
LightWire™ frame suspension, a padded hipbelt, and a thermo-formed contoured back panel keep the pack comfortable when you’re skinning up and stable during the descent.
Access the pack easily from the top or from a backpanel. And a zippered front panel provides rapid access to your shovel and probe, which are stowed in separate sleeves.
When it’s time to boot up the couloir, choose your preferred carrying style— A-frame or diagonal for skis, or horizontal or vertical for your board. No matter how you rig to hike, all possible wear points are reinforced.
Additional features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice tool loop and a scratch-free goggle pocket. All zippers and buckles are designed for gloved operation and the insulated hydration hose won’t freeze up, even when you’re out for dawn patrol on a frosty morning.
ABS® AIRBAG SYSTEM*
In the event of an avalanche, deploy the ABS® system and two 85 liter side mounted, independently chambered twin bags facilitate a horizontal position for maximum float and rescue visibility.
The pyrotechnic-pneumatic pull handle and nitrogen gas canister ensure rapid airbag deployment in extreme conditions and situations. The ABS® system is TUV certified with proven independent statistics since 1991.
*Purchased separately at ABS® authorized dealers
- Dual Top Load and Backpanel Access - Dual top load and backpanel access provide for quick and convenient access from different points to internal storage
- Top Lid - The dual compartment top lid features a goggle pocket and ample extra gear storage
- Rope Compression - An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
Lightwire Frame/HDPE Suspension
- LightWire™ frame and 1.2mm HDPE framesheet (42l)
- 1.2mm HDPE framesheet only (22+10l)
Thermoformed Contoured Backpanel
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
Contoured EVA Harness
- Webbing attachment points and insulated hydration hose sleeve
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
Fixed EVA Hipbelt
- Single 25mm webbing ergoPull™ closure with padded hipwings
- Zippered fabric hipbelt pockets
|S/M||2441 in3 / 40 l||24h x 13w x 11d in.||3.79 lbs.|
|M/L||2563 in3 / 42 l||25h x 13w x 11d in.||4.12 lbs.|
|S/M||2441 in3 / 40 l||62h x 32w x 28d cm||1.72 kg|
|M/L||2563 in3 / 42 l||64h x 34w x 28d cm||1.87 kg|
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop
- 420D Nylon Hex Diamond Ripstop
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Load
- Good Suspension
- Highly Adjustable
- Large Capacity
- Day Hikes
- Extended Hikes
- Heavy Loads
- Shredding backcountry pow with all the essential
Comments about Osprey KODE ABS 42:
I upgraded my backcountry pack to this beauty after using a much small 20L pack for years. The Kode ABS 42 allows plenty of room for all the extra layers I need/want, lunch, avy tools, with room to spare. No more leaving that 1 extra layer behind because you don't have any room, and then wishing you had it when weather changes in the backcountry. The top load and backpanel access also could not be more convenient. My favorite feature is the insulated hydration sleeve that actually works! I've had this pack out with a full hydration bladder in temps down to 5deg F, and my hose never froze inside the insulated hydration sleeve....LOVE IT! The avy gear pocket has the perfect amount of space and is always easy to get at. No qualms about this pack, it is the best.
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Comfort Driven
- Was this a gift?: