WOMEN'S LIGHT BACKPACKING | THRU-HIKING
This pack has a peripheral aluminum frame that transfers the weight of the load evenly across the Airscape™ mesh backpanel to keep you cool on the trail. The BioStretch™ shoulder harness and hipbelt are easily adjustable for all-day comfort. InsideOut™ compression straps add stability when you’re negotiating rough terrain.
Inside this top-loading pack, you’ll find a sleeping bag compartment to keep your bag safely stowed. The removable lid has two zippered pockets to keep small items organized. You can stash more small gear in the two mesh side pockets and tuck an extra layer in the convenient mesh front panel. The hipbelt has two zippered pockets to secure a camera, phone, or trail snacks. And there’s an external hydration sleeve for easy reservoir refills.
Also on the exterior, you’ll find Osprey’s Stow-On-The-Go™ trekking pole attachment system and a pair of ice tool attachment loops to hold your sticks and picks when you don’t need them.
Lightweight design with great features
This pack has been designed to carry just as well hiking at 3 miles per hour as it does riding a bike downhill at 30 mph.
- Zippered Hipbelt Pockets - Dual zippered hipbelt pockets provide secure storage for often needed items
- External Hydration Sleeve - External hydration sleeve in backpanel simplifies refilling and protects pack contents from spills
- Top Loader Access - Top load access through a single drawstring closure to main compartment
- Torso Adjustable Harness - Torso adjustable harness offers custom fit for different torso lengths
- Removable Top Lid - Removable top lid with zippered pocket and under lid pocket provide extra storage and can be removed to shave weight
- Sleeping Pad Straps - Sleeping pad straps provide extra secure external storage
- Sleeping Bag Compartment - Wide mouth access sleeping bag compartment stows your bag out of the way
- Peripheral Aluminum Frame - Peripheral aluminum frame with head cup helps support heavier loads
- ridge molded foam with air chimney for ventilation
- Lightweight and supportive
Talon Biostretch™ Harness
- Mesh covered, die-cut slotted foam harness
- Slotted adjustable sternum strap with whistle buckle
- Stretch woven harness pocket(s)
Biostretch™ Built-in Hipbelt
- Mesh covered, die-cut slotted foam hip belt
- Zippered stretch mesh hipbelt pockets
- ErgoPull™ hip belt closure
|WXS/S||2319 in3 / 38 l||24h x 12w x 11d in.||2.09 lbs.|
|WS/M||2441 in3 / 40 l||26h x 12w x 11d in.||2.2 lbs.|
|WXS/S||2319 in3 / 38 l||61h x 30w x 27.5d cm||0.95 kg|
|WS/M||2441 in3 / 40 l||66h x 30w x 27.5d cm||1 kg|
- 70D x 100D Nylon Mini Shadow Check
- 210D Nylon Block Dobby
- 210D Nylon Block Dobby
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Load
- Good Suspension
- Highly Adjustable
- No separate sleeping bag compartment.
- Camino de Santiago
Comments about Osprey TEMPEST 40:
I love the size and weight of this pack! I have worn the pack nearly everyday for a month doing shorter training hikes and I love it. I am preparing to hike 500 miles on the Camino de Santiago with a 13 pound pack (not including water). This pack is just the perfect size for my minimalist gear. It also adjusts perfectly and is very comfortable and lightweight. Know that the side mesh pockets have openings on the sides so any loose or small items will fall out, but they are great for a water bottle or bulkier items (hat, gloves). The small pockets on the waist belt are really too small to comfortably fit an i-phone 5s with a case or larger phone. I wish there were at least one secured (zippered) pocket on the outside. For a rain cover, the small (35L) Osprey high visibility cover fits perfectly. The 1.5L Osprey water bladder fits just right.
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Was this a gift?: