Climbing | Mountaineering
Key Mountaineering Features
Dual ice tool holster with bungee tool tie-offs and lower side release buckles allow one-handed access. Durable pick sleeves and adjustable axe head strap fit a wide range of tool shapes. Once attached, tools carry protected and secure. Dual front and single reinforced rear haul loops provide simple, secure hauling capabilities. Reinforced A-frame ski carry loops work in conjunction with compression/retention straps to provide stable ski carry.
The Variant offers a climbing-focused interchangeable hipbelt with gear loops, ErgoPull™ closure and a narrow cut design to accommodate a climbing harness.
The top-lid with integrated FlapJacket™ system, framesheet and aluminum stay and hipbelt are all removable to optimize weight savings.
- Removable 6mm aluminum frame and 1.5mm HDPE framesheet
Thermoformed Contoured Backpanel
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
Countered EVA Harness
- Webbing attachment points and reservoir hose routing
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
- Contoured for optimal fit and load transfer
- Narrow cut to accommodate movement and climbing harness
- Reverse wrap stowable ergoPull™ closure
- Gear loop and attachment points