The Ouray Ice Park is the world’s first ice climbing park and we’re lucky enough to have it right in our backyard. The Ouray Ice Festival kicks off this Thursday, a celebration of all things climbing and a competition attracting climbers from across globe.
Home to dozens of 80-to-200-foot waterfalls along a one-mile stretch of the Uncompahgre Gorge, climbing routes scatter the length of the park. Just looking at the series of frozen waterfalls is spectacular, and watching climbers make their way up the vertical ice sheets is an experience — not to mention getting on the ice yourself.
We’re excited as always to support this great event. If you’re planning on traveling to Ouray, here’s what we have in store for you…
- Full selection of free pack demos.
- Free professional onsite pack sizing and fittings.
- Full display of all that is new for 2012.
- Great giveaways and daily pack giveaways from the Ice Park booth.
- Intro to Ice Clinics with osprey athlete Ben Clark.
- Killer deals on Osprey Packs throughout the festival and beyond from local Osprey Retailer Ouray Mountain Sports.
Hope to see you there!